Re: Buying Fabric Online

  • Kathrine
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
      Ooh! Many thanks for the scrumptious links. I think I'll have to go
      drool now. =)

      Kathrine
    • Judy Harcus
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
        > I have had WONDERFUL luck with the following shops: <snip>

        I'll have to check these out too as the only stores that sell fabric
        here are WalMart and a quilting store.

        A question: does anyone have experience placing orders from Canada
        with these stores? Any problems with shipping costs, customs, etc.?

        Alicia
        Shire of False Isle
      • Lady Victoria
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
          This might have been said by now, but Kay Cushing, who I am on another List
          with, has to-die-for velvets and silk velvets cheaper than anywhere else on
          the web:

          http://bunys-e-fabric.twoffice.com/index.html

          I am a VERY satisfied customer. Very very very satisfied customer. I get
          all my velvets from her, as well as my velveteens :)

          Vik

          ~~*^*~~*^*~~*^*~~*^*~~^*^~~^*^~~*^*~~*^*~~*^*~~
          Lady Victoria's Castle Closet:
          Custom Clothing and Fine Renaissance Designs
          http://www.crosswinds.net/~ladyvictoria/castle.html

          AUGUST SPECIAL!! 15% off Silk Velvet Garb!!
          15% discount to List Members on top of Monthly Specials! :)

          AIM: Lady Windsong
          Email: ladyvictoria@...
          Backup Email: phoenyxfyre13@...
        • Jenn Ridley
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
            On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:59:25 GMT, rio@... wrote:

            >I have had WONDERFUL luck with the following shops:
            >
            >http://www.fabric.com (fabrics at good prices, decent selection,
            >clearly labeled fiber content, good service, frequent sales)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

            although sometimes it's wrong.... I got some of the stretch cotton
            (nominally 94%cotton, 6%lycra)....it wasn't....it was plain old poly
            cotton/spandex stretch twill. Not necessarily their fault, since they
            probably got it mislabeled, but still. Somebody on another list
            bought some of the natural "cotton-linen" and it melted when she went
            to iron it.

            I love www.fabrics-store.com ....really nice linen, great prices,
            quick shipping.

            I also use gstreet, although not much for garb (I do early period, adn
            the linen from fabrics-store is all I need)

            I've got orders coming in either tomorrow or Tuesday from both gstreet
            and fabrics-store.

            FWIW
            stasia
            ---
            Jenn Ridley
            jenn.ridley@...
          • rio@austin.rr.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
              On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:14:40 -0000, the following was written in this
              electric book by "Judy Harcus" <jharcus@...>:

              >> I have had WONDERFUL luck with the following shops: <snip>
              >
              >I'll have to check these out too as the only stores that sell fabric
              >here are WalMart and a quilting store.
              >
              >A question: does anyone have experience placing orders from Canada
              >with these stores? Any problems with shipping costs, customs, etc.?

              I know that dharmatrading.com ships to Canada, but you also have the
              option of http://www.farthingales.on.ca , who I have not personally
              done business with, but have heard wonderful things about from others.

              Margery La A.
              "I dress funny professionally."
              Hold the spam to reply. TechnoSystem
              StrangeGirl: http://strangegirl.50megs.com