SCA-Garb:Hungarian Gown (Was:Re: Chemise gathers

  • Frank Thallas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hmmm, if only the "guards" would turn their backs for a moment..<G>
      The gown is a beautiful, puzzling thing. You're right about the
      collar - it does look meant to be seen in its entirety, but I can't think of
      a single painting, etc, from that era or before or after that shows such a
      huge expanse of
      "underwear". Perhaps an undergown was meant to show through there.....

      Liadain,
      curiouser and curiouser