Re: Ack! Dyeing disaster!

  • Cecilia Wildsmith aka Kendra
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      You could mail it to me.....I would be happy to take this burden off
      your hands and suffer in your place

      Cecilia
      smiling innocently

      P.S.

      Actually, You could make a....hmm....Would a plaid surcote be tacky?
      With a nice mauve cote underneath? Hmm....it might not be tacky but
      it's probably not period either, so never mind that. How bout a leine
      with an arisiad out of the plaid?

      --- In SCA-Garb@egroups.com, Mar <mar77@j...> wrote:
      > Anyway, I'm soliciting ideas, anything and everything is
      appreciated!

      > - Mar/Cäsarea -
      > West/Cynagua/Danegeld Tor
    • Mar Mar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        --- In SCA-Garb@egroups.com, "Cecilia Wildsmith aka Kendra"
        <sassycecilia@h...> wrote:
        > You could mail it to me.....I would be happy to take this burden
        off
        > your hands and suffer in your place

        Dearest Cecilia, I would never want to place such a burden on your
        lovely shoulders and cause you undue suffering. ;)

        > Actually, You could make a....hmm....Would a plaid surcote be
        tacky?
        > With a nice mauve cote underneath? Hmm....it might not be tacky but
        > it's probably not period either, so never mind that. How bout a
        leine
        > with an arisiad out of the plaid?

        Yeah, I think the cote/surcote would be exceedingly... umm..
        something. Not tacky... but.. it would be something.

        I was thinking a leine and an arisaid though... I love the look of
        that, except Kass's hair would probably curl even more if I made a
        mauve leine.

        Maybe a pseudo-Scots thing, with a mauve gathered kirtle and an
        arisaid?

        If I look fetching enough I might land me a cute Scotsman in a great
        kilt.

        I love a man in a dress.

        - Mar/Cäsarea -
        West/Cynagua/Danegeld Tor
      • Cecilia Wildsmith aka Kendra
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
          Actually, I was kind of leaning that way too. Gathered kirtles look
          very nice, and um, emphasize the bust and very few men can resist
          that, so there you go, it's decieded.

          Cecilia
          who would still take your burden from you, after all, what are
          friends for?