Spanish Rapier

  • N B
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 2, 2001
      I have recently been talked into Rapier. I would like to
      keep my rapier outfit in line with my primary persona
      (early 16th century Spanish ala Empress Isabella of
      Portugal/Catherine of Aragon time Period) Anyone seen any
      highnecked spanish attire this early? (got to cover vital
      areas (Or I guess could wear a partlet over the top area of
      the bodice for fighting, not sure how legal that would be )
      Also I hear a lot of black being fashionable in
      spain(sounds hot to fight in) though all the spanish
      dresses I have seen so far have been various shades of
      Red/Burgundy (Isabella of Portugal and her sister in law
      Eleanor of Austria) If I make another burgundy dress I am
      likely to get known as the burgundy lady, not the spanish
      one :)

      sorry for the ramble

      Catalina De Gatan (Who is very happy to have found backing
      for her last name, found a city called Los Gatos whose
      citizens are called Gatans! :))

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Bice the Notorious
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 9, 2001
        Well this is mainly a few of us fooling around and no SCA regulation
        hampering us. I'll admit that. But still fun.

        At 02:44 AM 3/9/01 -0800, you wrote:

        >--- Bice the Notorious <jjohns19@...> wrote:
        > > Well......if we are just practicing then theres nothing
        > > but the corset and
        > > skirts. It's a tabbed version with shoulder straps.
        > >

        >Must have a more lenient fencing marshall then we do, even
        >for practice, the minimum we can wear if we have a rapier
        >in our hands is legal rapier standard, 4 layers torso, 1
        >layer arms , hands and legs, Coif, and Helm/fencing mask.

        ><http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/>http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups
        >Sponsor<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330919.2943190/D=egroupmail/S=1700126283:N/A=605155/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=LG9425KJ&url=/jump/campaign>
        >

        >Community email addresses:
        > Post message: SCA-Garb@egroups.com
        > Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@egroups.com
        >
        >Shortcut URL to this page:
        >
        ><http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA-Garb>http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA-Garb

        Had the Marechal de Saxe met Napoleon in heaven he might have said: ' I
        never lost a battle ' But Napoleon could have replied: ' Yes, but have
        you ever made a woman dream? '

        "History is after all only all a pack of tricks we play on the dead "-Voltaire

        Duc,Sequere,aut de via decede........

        de gustibus non est disputandum