Re: [SCA-Garb] Re: Irish garb

  • Vicky Eisenstadt
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 1 6:49 AM
      The Moy gown is a bit of an anomaly, as other examples of its unique
      construction have not been positively identified. Additionally, there is
      still controversy as to its *exact*age AND it shows definite signs of been
      altered to fit various times. Your better bet for 14th century would be the
      cotehardie/gothic fitted dress (check out either the Museum of London books
      and/or Medieval Tailor's Assistant and/or Robin Netherton's work) for
      European personas; or, if you are going Greenland, the 10-gore.

      Alysoun

      On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Angela Costello <kaousuu@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > That depends on your budget, really, and the mods frown on posting links to
      > places. In short and all honestly, a basic tunic dress will serve your
      > purpose for 500 years in almost any corner of the continent, so don't be
      > afraid to start there.

      "Courage is the virtue of deeds... courtesy is the virtue of language."
      Baron Giovanni di Fiamma

    • maria smith
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 3 1:27 AM
        The painting you are looking for I think is called 'The birth of the Virgin Mary' by Micheal Peacher. it is in an article on reconstructing history. It is in
        the Moy Gown article. I hope that is the painting you are thinking of. There is another site that has more pics on it and sketches to try this one
         http://cadieux.mediumaevum.com/schilling-kleid.html%c2%a0it may help as well.It kind of isolates the ladies in the painting.
        Calibrid