Re: Best early Tudor shoes

  • JB2333
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2011
      Garb the World now sells over 35 styles of documented historical shoes and boots, for reasonable prices. Their Tudor shoe is $60 and you can choose color and insert color. They have hundreds of pairs of shoes in stock, including a lot of Tudor shoes.
      http://www.garbtheworld.com/items/wsc065.shtml

      Rowanna

    • SleepyUnicorn@roadrunner.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 13, 2011
        This book was delivered today, and I am in nose-to-book mode.
        There are so many closeups! While it is slightly out of the SCA time period, the construction details are fascinating.
        Well, first, they show you pictures of the garment, and then a close portrait from the time period.
        For the first one, the Margaret Layton Waistcoat, tere are photos from all 4 sides, and then the portrait. Then there are 13 closeup photos of construction details. 16 Photos of the embroidery, and construction detailsm sycg as a sean covered by double plait stitch.
        Then 2 pages showing the embroidery patterns on patterns of the pieces of the garment, on a graph paper background.
        3 pages of drawn out construction details.It concludes with one page of how the lace was whipped on, and eyelet holes. Then a last color picture of a closeup of the bobbin lace, and a pattern for it.

        Page 34 starts somewhat the same for a Pink Silk Waistcoat, 1610-20, that goes to p47.
        Pages 48 to 59, a Linen waistcoat with blackwork embroidery in silk, 1620-25.
        Pages 60-69, a Fustian Waistcoat , embroidered with silver thread, 1630s.
        Pages 70-87, Slashed ivory silk satin bodice, 1630s (with xrays!)
        p88-97, KNITTED silk waistcoat, 1630-1700.
        p98-109, Embroidered linen mantle with bobbin lace, 1590.
        p110-119, Linen smock with bobbin lace insertion, 1620-40.
        p120-123, Linen hood trimmed with English bobbin lace, 1600-1640.
        p124-127, Embroidered coif and forehead cloth, 1600-1650.
        p128-135, Linen band & cuffs, 1630-35.
        p136-141, Embroidered partlet & sleevepanels, 1615-25.
        p142-143, Linen kerchief, 1600s.
        p144-149, Embroidered linen gloves, 1600-25.
        p150-159, Embroidered kid gloves, 1610-30.

        Rowena ni Dhonnchaidh