Testing 1-2-3

  • elspeth205
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2010
      Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go silent.
    • Tara Overhultz
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2010
        I agree - :o) I asked a question about a pattern for a jerkin and have not
        heard anything yet. :O)

        Lady Elisant

        Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have dropped
        to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go silent.

      • D. Stella Sumpter-Martin
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2010
          I don't know about anyone else but I have been busy working on garb and scrolls.
          over the last week I have:
                Sewn:
                     one horsemans tunic
                     one turkish coat in a yellow brocade
                     2 t-tunics
               created, illuminated and scribed 5 new scrolls

          YIS
          Sayyida Aminah al-Zarqah

          Argent, a rose azure, barbed and seeded proper, upon a chief, azure, a salmon, argent, embowed, niaint.
          Order of the Diamond Willow

          After I pass, my name remains May the friends remember me
          Weddings happen Holidays come Soul flies from the cage
          World is an inn, settlers depart The moon wanders, years go by
          May the friends remember me
          Body will be deprived of life Hearth won't burn, smoke won't rise
          By armfuls, salutes I pass May the friends remember me

          Check out my latest items for sale at etsy.com  CastleRoseStar
          http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6332188

          Tune up your computer. Find out whats slowing your computer:
          http://www.registryfix.com/?hop=castlestar

          Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go silent.

        • Margaret Northwode
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2010
            Well, this is Crown List weekend for Meridies. (Happy Birthday, SCA!) And I
            believe a few Kingdoms are having Significant Shindigs this weekend. :)

            Margaret Northwode

            On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM, elspeth205 <edenwild@...> wrote:

            > Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have
            > dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go
            > silent.

          • Cyndy Maute
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2010
              Hi, well this weekend in AnTir is busy as usual, and so am I. I've been
              working on my gourds, getting veggie n gourd starts going, I'm trying to
              find a pattern for a Spanish surcoat cause I've found the perfect material.
              I have spoon gourd starts coming along so will see how well they work out
              this yr.
              I've orders for spoon gourds as dipping/tasting spoons, 6 childrens pouches
              n 6 childrens snoods, along with 2 chip n dip gourd sets for gifts.
              Can't wait for the warmer weather.
              Emelye

              On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Margaret Northwode <
              margaret.northwode@...> wrote:

              > Well, this is Crown List weekend for Meridies. (Happy Birthday, SCA!) And I
              > believe a few Kingdoms are having Significant Shindigs this weekend. :)
              >
              > Margaret Northwode
              >

              > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM, elspeth205 <edenwild@...<edenwild%40acsalaska.net>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have
              > > dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly
              > go
              > > silent.

            • April Dring
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2010
                I'm making an under dress right now. I hand sew my garb so it takes me a
                while to sew a dress together but other than that, nothing new with me.

                Sage

                On 5/1/2010 9:23 AM, Margaret Northwode wrote:

                > Well, this is Crown List weekend for Meridies. (Happy Birthday, SCA!)
                > And I
                > believe a few Kingdoms are having Significant Shindigs this weekend. :)
                >
                > Margaret Northwode
                >
                > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM, elspeth205 <edenwild@...
                > <mailto:edenwild%40acsalaska.net>> wrote:
                >
                > > Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have
                > > dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should
                > suddenly go
                > > silent.

              • Charles
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2010
                  It hasn't been all that active for a while. Been tapering off for the last year or so.

                  Rashid

                  --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, "elspeth205" <edenwild@...> wrote:

                  > Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go silent.

                • Wendy Maurice
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2010
                    I've been a little busy, too. But the only garb stuff has been accessories,
                    which I think is still garb. The guys were making leather pilgrim
                    bags/pouches and I felt they were too heavy/clumpy looking for ladies and
                    couldn't find any illustrations (I'm someone will but I couldn't) and I felt
                    they were very pilgrim/travelling looking whereas we mostly pretend to be
                    hanging around at castles, so I didn't join in with the guys.

                    Then I found a knitted medieval relic bag on Ravelry.com and made one of
                    those but still wasn't satisfied. So while I was looking for purses to
                    justify the above (or not) I came across what I thought was a ring purse (I
                    attended a class at Pennsic last year) but it had a lining that had a
                    drawstring that closed the hole/ring and I rather liked that. The one I saw
                    was even in the same looking fabric and colours that I had left over from my
                    last garb. So I set to in my ignorance to make it and then found out it was
                    actually a falconer's bag. Well, with a little wind out of my sails now, I
                    adapted it (smaller) for my use anyway - and I like it.

                    Next up - a new linen chemise - nothing exciting.

                    Anne of Saffron Walden

                  • Madeleine D
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 6, 2010
                      I have been working on late 12th century garb, or should I say trying to glean info from the net to gain a general idea of what a 12th century English noblewoman would have worn...it seems to depend on who the person got their info from...lol...trying to make a few new veils, but have no idea as to what the actually length should be(look at 4 different images, you get 4 different lengths) and I am going with a barbette instead of a wimple, because once again, no concise idea of what should be worn on the head...but making a few tunics for my youngest as I have promised to take him to a few events this year with me...

                      Lady Alice de Hayroun aka Madeleine
                      Shire of Briaroak,Principality of the Summits, Kingdom of An Tir

                      <edenwild@...> wrote:

                      > Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Activity has seemed to have dropped to nothing. It seems odd that such an active list should suddenly go silent.

                    • pixel39
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 19, 2010

                        The reason you're seeing different veils is because that's what's in the period sources. Personally, the wraparound linen veil I wear is 22"x80", that seems to be a good workable length. The fringed wool shawl which I also wear as a veil is a little wider and a little longer, but still a good length.

                        For a round veil, about 24"-28" in diameter seems to be common.

                        Margaret FitzWilliam
                        Nordskogen, Northshield