Re: [SCA-Garb] Landskenckt Hat (Tellerbrett)

  • Margaret Northwode
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2010
      On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM, otto_spilman <
      steven8169@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      > I have been looking for a place to buy a Tellerbrett and seem to be having
      > no luck at all. I am over here in Japan so I am guessing that my best luck
      > at finding one is through someone who attends any of the big events with
      > vendors present. My sewing skills suck so trying to make one turned into a
      > good frisby disk for my kids to play with. Any help would greatly be
      > appreciated!!!
      >
      > YIS,
      > Otto Spilmam

      Hello!

      Two questions. One, would you like to buy one or would you like to see about
      getting good pattern recommendations and sewing directions? Two, have you
      tried the spelling "Tellerbarett" in looking for information or was
      "Tellerbrett" a typo? I can't be sure, and of course sometimes variations in
      spellings with similar can get better results in searches. "Pizza hat" can
      also be a good search term.

      For information on the hat, I'd suggest a look at Kass McGann's and Marion
      McNealy's work in German millinery. Kass also sells a pattern for it -
      you'll want the German Accessories pattern. It also includes a pattern for a
      starfish hat, which is an alternative.

      Otherwise, I'm not up on my milliners who sell them but SCA-Milliners list
      might be helpful. I believe Marion McNealy is on that list, too.

      Best of luck,
      Margaret Northwode

    • otto_spilman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2010
        Thanks for the reply. It was a mistype for the Tellerbarett. I have the reconstucting History pattern for it and even tried to make one and it looked Awful!! So I was trying to take the easy way and just buy it.... I am in the middle of the RH503 - Waffenrok costume from them and have gotten to a stopping point with the sleeves. I am totally lost on how the sleeves attach to the body. The directions are very difficult to follow at some points and you almost have to guess what they want you to do. I have Sleeve with a 36" circumfrence and a body piece that doesn't really have a round sleeve whole. Its open on the sides so how in the world do I sew a round sleeve onto the body? Has anyone ever made the RH503 - Waffenrok costume yet? if So some pointers would be great or even some photo of how you attached the sleeve. Thanks in advance.

        YIS,
        Otto Spilman