Re: Questions re seams and hems

  • Labhaoise
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
      When I worked for an interior decorator, we had a HUGE sheet of plywood on "sawhorse" legs; a layer of batting, SEVERAL layers of interlining stapled over it as tight as you can...

      You can pin, cut, iron, what have you. I miss it whenever acres of fabric need to be worked.

      It was a permanent set up, but I think it could be made to set up and take down as needed, and the legs would be the right height for YOU!
      Labhaoise

      --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, Megan Shogren <brockenspectre@...> wrote:

      > I'll have to remember that one- that would work with a dummy, too.  If your ceiling is tall enough, you can put the dummy on a table and sit down to do hemming, instead of crawling around on the floor.  Much easier on the back.  Just make sure the table is bigger than the finished diameter of the skirts.

    • Labhaoise
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
        Do you know how HARD i work to keep the KIDS from doing this????
        Labhaoise

        Yes, the cats would let them!

        "Shere'e" <shereerobinson@...> wrote:

        > Grin, Yes, life would! My problem is (I am sure) unique in that one of my
        > cats LOVES to be dressed in garb. She gets all excited when I make a new
      • Shere'e
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
          Why stop them? Teach them to sew by making garb for the cats. Turn it into a
          learning experience for them. That is what my mom did.

          BTW this is the first cat I have had that wears garb. She is a Bombay and
          has a real problem with being cold all the time. I made a jacket for her and
          POOF!

          Miranda
          www.webeweddings.com
          Unique Weddings for Unique Couples