Cleves head dress

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2009
      Does anyone know how to make this head dress? http://costumes.glittersweet.com/sca/k/7cleves.htm
      It'll be my first attempt at headwear, so I'm a bit excited! It's for my toddler, not me, if that makes any difference.

      Thanks
      Nawojka
    • Laura Ulak
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2009
        I am also making this hat, and someone referred me to a brochure by the SCA on how to make it.  It is called "

        CA0100
        (11/98) A Veiled Reference
        " and you can find it on the SCA main website for shopping here:  https://stockclerk.sca.org/scan/MM=5bcb817b32824464dd6ee10e3056e314:90:99:10.html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=ca&mv_arg=

        It is by the Complete Anachronist.  It is really an excellent little booklet for $4.50.

        Hope this helps.
        Laura

      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2009
          > I am also making this hat, and someone referred me to a brochure by the SCA on how to make it.  It is called "
          >

          > CA0100
          > (11/98) A Veiled Reference
          > " and you can find it on the SCA main website for shopping here:  https://stockclerk.sca.org/scan/MM=5bcb817b32824464dd6ee10e3056e314:90:99:10.html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=ca&mv_arg=
          >
          > It is by the Complete Anachronist.  It is really an excellent little booklet for $4.50.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          > Laura

          Thanks for answering but I was hoping for free advice! Buying from overseas is a bit annoying. I'll have to see what my lord has to say about it...

          Nawojka in Lochac
        • Laura Iseman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2009
            Hi there, you can get most of the CA series in Australia through the Stock
            Clerk at https://www.sca.org.au/stock that one is listed at $7 AU

            Miriam.

            --
            Agite primo recte! Nihil igitur durat tamquam enodatia brevis at satis.
            (Do it right the first time, because nothing is so permanent as a temporary