Re: Viking Age applique

  • Labhaoise O'Beachain
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2009
      I've Shibas and they also shed twice a year, it's not so long as
      Borzoi, but lovely and soft...

      And felts up nicely in the sofa cushions.... ;)
      Labhaoise

      Shadow Harper <shadow_harper01@...> wrote:

      > Just for the record, years ago when I had Russian Wolfhounds
      (Borzoi), I used to save their long hair when they dropped coat about
      twice a year.  It could be felted into some lovely material to work
      with (Bichon, maltese or havanese hair is the same way- some cat and
      goat hair as well - and rabbit. I haven't tried guinea pig yet,
      although the peruvian ones have long enough hair certainly).  It
      could also be spun into yarn.  (Okay, we also used it as fibers in
      paper making and other things too - but it was all in the interest of
      experimentation).

      > I'd bet people used whatever they could get their hands on, so
      think outside the sheep!  :)