Re: [SCA-Garb] Re: Italian Ren 1300-1400

  • Marian Walke
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2008
      borderlands15213 wrote:

      > --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:SCA-Garb%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "unclrashid" <unclrashid@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > > I have to belive that these are high quality opera or theatrical
      > > costumes. <<<snip>>>
      > >
      > > Seriously, these look fake to me

      Well, not fake, exactly, since on the web site they were not claimed as
      period garb; just some costumer's attempts at reconstruction. This was
      one page in a gallery of "costumes" from many times and places, by a
      person who clearly does detailed work...but these are not original sources.

      --Old Marian
    • Arianwen ferch Arthur
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2008
        Ranaan is an incipient group in Milan. I believe that the costumes pictured on the sit are for a reenactment that is done yearly.

        the owner of the site is a member on SCAItaly which is the group for SCA in Italy, includes members in Sicily, Napoli, Venezia, and Milan areas as well as some others.

        Arianwen ferch Arthur
        "Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx
        http://ranaan.altervista.org/html/SCA-Gallery.htm