Looking for Tudor/Elizabethan Garb

  • Richard de Vere
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
      Greetings & Salutation,
      I am trying to expand upon my late Tudor/Elizabethan wardrobe and
      was hoping for some help. Having no tailoring skills of my own I am
      hoping some of the lists more enlightened individuals could show me
      down a path to some quality sources. One of things I need help finding
      the most is footwear (most especially riding boots) and the little odds
      and ends to flesh out my overall experience. Any assistance afforded
      would be greatly appreciated.

      Richard of Essex
    • charlie66048
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
        --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, "Richard de Vere"
        <RichardofEssex@...> wrote:

        > Greetings & Salutation,
        > I am trying to expand upon my late Tudor/Elizabethan wardrobe and
        > was hoping for some help.
        >
        >Greetings good cousin
        Where are you at and what do you need other than the shoes?
        This will help in assisting you in getting what you need

        E-
      • Shane Evans
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          Doublets, slops, etc are fairly readily available. I am looking more for
          those little things to flesh out a proper Tudor/Elizabethan persona.
          Everything from dinnerware for feast to jewelly, to stuff to make my camp
          look a little better. Oh and footwear of course. :)

          --
          Richard of Essex
          House of the Tudor Rose
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
            Richard of Essex wrote:
            > Doublets, slops, etc are fairly readily available. I am looking more
            > for those little things to flesh out a proper Tudor/Elizabethan
            > persona. Everything from dinnerware for feast to jewelly, to stuff to
            > make my camp look a little better. Oh and footwear of course. :)

            The Elizabethan Costume Page has a list of annotated links to
            "Elizabethan Merchants"
            <http://www.elizabethancostume.net/retail.html>. The historical
            accuracy of their offerings vary; in most cases you'll need to do your
            own research before you buy. Most of them are clothing- and/or
            jewelry-related.

            Karen Larsdatter's webbed an annotated list of merchants carrying
            replica feast gear <http://larsdatter.com/feastgear6.htm>. If you're
            not already familiar with table settings from your period, you might be
            interested in her links to images of Elizabethan feast gear as well
            <http://larsdatter.com/feastgear5.htm>. They could help you decide
            what you want.

            Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            Barony of Bryn Gwlad