Fool's Hoods WAS Re: Head covering question...

  • Joan Mielke Yost
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 10, 2008
      I find it interesting that well after hoods were worn as the fashion,
      > > fools continued wearing them with their distinctive ears and short
      > > lirilipipes.
      > > If anyone knows why ears were associated with fools in the first
      > > place, I'd love to know!

      There is also Shakespere's Midsummer Night's Dream in which the
      character Nick Bottom has his head turned into an ass's head by Puck, a
      sprite.
      Nick Bottom is described on wikipedia as: "an arrogant, over-confident,
      self-centred fool and believes that he is perfect for every role..."

      Jehanne of al-Barran