Re: I'm done! (was Next project)

  • unclrashid
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2007
      --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie K." <Lorihalia@...> wrote:

      > Early this morning I finished my daughters version of the Eleonora De
      > Toledo.
      >
      > http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html

      How totally adorable!!! The E. of T. dress is one of my favorites for
      little girls. I made my daughter had one in peach with burgundy trim
      when she was about 3 or 4.

      Rashid
    • Margaret Northwode
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2007
        What Rashid said. Need... insulin!

        Margaret Northwode
        ded of teh cyoot

      • Dianne & Greg Stucki
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2007
          At 06:07 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:

          >Early this morning I finished my daughters version of the Eleonora De
          >Toledo. I've been on another marathon get this done spree, so I'll just
          >post the relevant links for now, and go pass out for the night. =)
          >
          >The webpage for the dress is here:
          >
          ><http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html>http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html

          It's absolutely adorable. Did it get done in time for the last Brownie meeting?

          Laurensa

        • Alix deBohun
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2007
            OMGoodness! That is adorable! It's mini-me! I did the dress for myself :)

            Alix

            >Early this morning I finished my daughters version of the Eleonora De
            >Toledo. I've been on another marathon get this done spree, so I'll just
            >post the relevant links for now, and go pass out for the night. =)
            >
            >The webpage for the dress is here:
            >
            ><http://home. comcast.net/ ~garbfreak/ mp.html>http://home. comcast.net/ ~garbfreak/ mp.html

            It's absolutely adorable. Did it get done in time for the last Brownie meeting?

            Laurensa

          • Kat
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2007
              you finally finished! Isnt' that a great feeling...
              now... is your daughter's name Morgan.....
              snap... so is mine!
              Kat
              La Signora Onorata Katerina da Brescia
              Innilgard.
              The Purplefiles http://katerina.purplefiles.net

              "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might
              as well dance!"

              > Early this morning I finished my daughters version of the Eleonora De
              > Toledo. I've been on another marathon get this done spree, so I'll just
              > post the relevant links for now, and go pass out for the night. =)
              >
              > The webpage for the dress is here:
              >
              > http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html
              >
              > And if you like my tendancy to be long winded, I have several LJ posts
              > relating to this gown in particular as well here:
              >
              > http://lorihalia.livejournal.com/tag/morgan%27s+purple+gown
              >
              > Please, critique away.. It's my first serious try at anything that *I*
              > wasn't going to wear.
              >
              > Stephanie K.
              >

              > Helpful email addresses:
              > Subscribe: SCA-Garb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > Main group web page:
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Kat
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                Your daughter looks great in it too!
                Kat

                > you finally finished! Isnt' that a great feeling...
                > now... is your daughter's name Morgan.....
                > snap... so is mine!
                > Kat
                > La Signora Onorata Katerina da Brescia
                > Innilgard.
                > The Purplefiles http://katerina.purplefiles.net
                >
                > "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might
                > as well dance!"
                >

                >> Early this morning I finished my daughters version of the Eleonora De
                >> Toledo. I've been on another marathon get this done spree, so I'll just
                >> post the relevant links for now, and go pass out for the night. =)
                >>
                >> The webpage for the dress is here:
                >>
                >> http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html
              • Stephanie K.
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                  --- In SCA-Garb@yahoogroups.com, Dianne & Greg Stucki <goofy4@...>
                  wrote:
                  http://home.comcast.net/~garbfreak/mp.html

                  > It's absolutely adorable. Did it get done in time for the last
                  Brownie meeting?

                  > Laurensa

                  I did I did! And Thank the gods for that small favor.. I found out
                  yesterday afternoon that her LAST meeting has a dress code because some
                  of the girls are 'graduating'. So she has to wear it to her next to
                  last meeting.. Which is next thursday!

                  So it's a very good thing I didn't have an ultra lazy streak and
                  finished it quickly. =D

                  Stephanie K.
                • Stephanie K.
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                    Hehe, Yep, I've got me a Morgan too. ;)

                    And thank you! I think I stressed more over her gown than anything
                    I've ever done for myself. It's definitely been an excersize in
                    patience and telling my perfectionism to go stuff itself, but it was
                    well worth it for the comment of "I don't like it Mom, I LOVE it!".

                    I need to see about putting together a partlet for it yet.. maybe..
                    and something to deal with her hair.. and one side of me keeps nagging
                    that if I pearled the central motif on her bodice it would look even
                    prettier. But I've been telling that side of me to shut up, I don't
                    hate myself that much. LOL