Estrella War

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 14 7:00 PM
      How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.

      Ian Griffen

    • muck
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 14 7:10 PM
        On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, John Rockwell wrote:

        > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
        >
        > Ian Griffen

        I plan on entering into the archery scenarios (and even foolishly trying
        to qualify for the Known World Champion competition ;)

        Hope to see many of you there,

        Phillip the Skeptic
      • archer3@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 14 8:35 PM
          I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
          target range and how much time on the field is the question......

          Damian >>~~~>
        • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 14 8:43 PM
            At 7:00 PM 8/14/02 -0700, John Rockwell wrote:
            >How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary.
            >To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At
            >Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the
            >Known World.
            >
            >Ian Griffen

            My Mistress and I will be there (but then we are there every year, even one
            in which our castle is no longer welcome on the grass),

            James
            jotl@...
          • Forrester
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 14 8:45 PM
              Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
              Outlands will be there.

              Forrester

              > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
              Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
              senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
              from across the Known World.

              > Ian Griffen

            • Guy Taylor
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 14 8:47 PM
                Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?

                Taillear

              • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 14 8:57 PM
                  At 8:47 PM 8/14/02 -0700, Guy Taylor wrote:
                  >Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?
                  >
                  >Taillear

                  Yep. A Baron Bows Briton. I like it; still trying to shoot it as well as
                  the old ELB, though.

                  I'll probably look into getting one from Steve Ralphs, too. Some time when
                  he is taking orders again.

                  James
                  jotl@...
                • John Rockwell
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 14 9:09 PM
                    Phillip
                    Since we both live in Twin Moons, we may meet some Thursday evening.
                    Ian

                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 14 9:10 PM
                      Damian
                      Good to Know that you are coming.
                      Ian

                      archer3@... wrote:I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
                      target range and how much time on the field is the question......

                      Damian >>~~~>

                    • John Edgerton
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 14 9:11 PM
                        I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                        Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                        John Rockwell wrote:

                        > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                        >
                        > Ian Griffen
                      • John Rockwell
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 14 9:13 PM
                          Hey Forrester
                          Glad to hear that you are coming again. I hope you bring several of your friends.
                          Ian
                          Forrester wrote:Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
                          Outlands will be there.

                          Forrester

                          > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                          Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                          senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
                          from across the Known World.

                          > Ian Griffen

                        • John Rockwell
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 14 9:17 PM
                            Sir Jon
                            I'm glad to hear you are coming. Please find me on the range I have been trying to meet you since you were the Society Archery Marshal. If I'm not on the range I will be camping in the Archery camping area.
                            Ian Griffen
                            John Edgerton wrote:I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                            Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                            John Rockwell wrote:

                            > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                            >
                            > Ian Griffen

                          • Godwin fitzGilbert de Strigoil
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 15 6:16 AM
                              I'll be there Ian.

                              Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                              Godwin
                            • James Brummet
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 15 6:22 AM
                                A while back someone mentioned that a english combany would be making a working replic of Leglis' bow from the LOTR. I do not believe a link was given but if anyone wants it I have it.

                                >>> Godwin@... 08/15/02 07:16AM >>>
                                I'll be there Ian.

                                Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                                Godwin

                              • ssmiley01
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 15 12:06 PM
                                  I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not depends...getting
                                  started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)

                                  I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers a
                                  few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you in
                                  the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)

                                  Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                  Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                  --- In SCA-Archery@y..., John Rockwell <ian_griffen_archer@y...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                                  Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                                  senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet
                                  Archers from across the Known World.
                                • Tessa the Huntress
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 18 8:07 AM
                                    Ian,

                                    I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                    and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                    arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                    babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                    will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.

                                    Tessa the Huntress

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 18 8:40 AM
                                      Tessa the Huntress wrote:

                                      > Ian,
                                      >
                                      > I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                      > and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                      > arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                      > babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                      > will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.
                                      >
                                      > Tessa the Huntress

                                      Excellent. I will look forward to seeing you there.

                                      Jon
                                    • ssmiley01
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 19 3:45 PM
                                        Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                        message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                        moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)

                                        Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                        btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                        Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                        --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@y...> wrote:
                                        > I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not
                                        depends...getting
                                        > started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)
                                        >
                                        > I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers
                                        > few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you
                                        in
                                        > the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)
                                        >
                                        > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                        > Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                      • Carolus Eulenhorst
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 19 8:07 PM
                                          Yes, There is archery at Highland War. Bunches on Saturday and an open
                                          range on Sunday if Marshals are available. Come on out. For those of
                                          you not aware of this event it is at Mojave Narrows Regional Park in
                                          Victorville, CA over Labor Day Weekend.

                                          In service to the dream
                                          Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                          eulenhorst@...

                                          On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:45:16 -0000 "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@...>
                                          writes:
                                          > Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                          > message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                          > moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)
                                          >
                                          > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                          > btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                          > Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                                          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.