Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hello

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 12, 2002
      Yup, just us Pennsic orphans here.
      Ancel
    • James Brummet
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 14, 2002
        Pennsic sounds about right. I don't think labtop are period

        I lost the email but I remember someone mentioned that there was an English combany that was going to make Legolis' bow from the LOTR. What I can't remember is if they had a link to the combany. So if this is a repeat I am sorry but the link is:
        http://www.avalonlongbows.20m.com/noframes/catalog.htm

        I know I want one!

        >>> fugu@... 08/14/02 01:36PM >>>
        ian_griffen_archer wrote:

        > What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
        > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

        I think there are a lot of people at Pennsic right now

        --
        Ts'ai T'ien-p'u

      • Sirona1592@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 14, 2002
          Though it may be good to be a Pennsic orphan or a "leftover" because it means
          you still have goals to get there. Its certainly is on my lifes "to do"
          list.

          Sirona

        • John Rockwell
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 14, 2002
            The end of July I had surgery on my right knee again ( the 6th time) it seems to be doing better.
            Since I moved in October I haven't been able to set up a small range in my back yard yet. Do to the necessity to provide more safety of my neighbors. I'm hopeing get the range set up with in the next month.
            As for shooting at Estrella War, I don't know if I will have the time. Being the Drop Dead to the Royal Archer (Archer General) I seem to spend a lot of the wars. Running the different ranges as needed.
            Ian
            hanhebin wrote:> What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
            > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

            Ian,

            How is your leg doing and when are you expected to start shooting
            again? Word has it you have been laid up for awhile. Are you
            planning on shooting at Estrella this year?

            Michael

          • ren_junkie
            Message 5 of 17 , May 8, 2010
              Hi. I'm just writing to say hello to the group. Me and my family currently live in Isenfir, but we're moving down to Tir y Don, officially on June 15. I've always had an interest in archery, but only get to practice 6 or 8 times a year. Lookin forward to weekly scheduled practices.

              Erm....not sure what else to say for an intro...lol

              Thanks,
              Christopher
            • Taslen
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                this is crazy you should check the out http://www.anews15o.net/jobs/?read=7342052
              • John E
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                  Your account is placed on moderated status until this is cleared up.

                  Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group moderator

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                  > this is crazy you should check the out http://www.anews15o.net/jobs/?read=7342052

                • John Edgerton
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                    The sender is placed on moderated status until their account is cleared up.

                    Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group moderator

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 30 7:37 PM
                      I've just joined this group today. My SCA name is Marianna di Bartolomeo da rosa, and I am an active Archer for the Barony of SunDragon in the Kingdom of Atenveldt. We are currently promoting Thrown Weapons, and hold weekly practices. I am still scanning previous posts for further information on the interest in Thrown Weapons across the Kingdoms. I've been shooting for 6 years and have held Baronial Champion, as well as archery guard for the Queen. I have been awarded The Sable Pheon in this Kingdom, and am the current Archery Defender. I shoot a 30lb Victory Martin bow, make my own arrows, and hold open house archery workshops.

                      Thank you for the invite.

                      aka Marianne Moe