anchor points

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 7, 2002
      Good day,

      Recently I attended a British Longbow Shoot. While I was there the
      question of anchor points came up. I have been anchoring with my index
      finger on the corner of my mouth. They recommended that I change to an
      under the chin anchor point with the string touching my nose. They were
      not pushy about it, but it got me to thinking. With an under the chin
      anchor I will have 2 spots where the string is touching me. Then I can
      also sight directly through the string and line it up with the tip of the
      arrow. It strikes me that gives a better triangulation for aiming. Also
      the string would then pass closer to between me and the target which would
      move my aiming point in from the right. Right now I aim way off to the
      right. The new anchor point would bring that way in so I am almost looking
      at the target. Where does everyone else anchor? Has anyone tried both
      ways?

      Nest- who should really be packing for Pennsic, not reading emails.

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?