Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • Talmon Parker
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 6, 2002
      I use this realease also. Try moving your anchor point directly under your
      eye. Pull back against the ball of the thumb. Seems to help somewhat.
      Parker

      >From: Jack Bradley <ragnar@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning
      >Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:18:48 -0400
      >
      >I can't do it either I don't know if was seeing things But I watched
      >someone
      >shooting on a tape a long time ago It looked like the bow pivoted to the
      >right
      >with the string ending up in front of the bow??????
      >Your employee Ragnar signing off
      >PS I'll keep a spot by the fire for you
      >
      >atruemark@... wrote:
      >
      > > In a message dated 8/6/02 12:16:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      >ragnar@...
      > > writes:
      > >
      > > > Just wondering what kind of release your using Thumb ring or three
      >finger I
      > > > think
      > > > with a thumb ring the rotation will be to the right and not bother the
      > > > arrow Don't
      > > > know I just guessing
      > > > Ragnar
      > > >

      > > Good guess. What I described in the previous post related to using a
      > > standard one-over-two-under, arrow-on-left-of-bow style. When I shoot
      >the
      > > same bow using the traditional asiatic method, I grip the bow more
      > > "normally." My problem is, I can't figure out how to aim using the
      >asiatic
      > > style.
      > >
      > > Andras

      > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      DER BARON

    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?