Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • Jack Bradley
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 6, 2002
      I can't do it either I don't know if was seeing things But I watched someone
      shooting on a tape a long time ago It looked like the bow pivoted to the right
      with the string ending up in front of the bow??????
      Your employee Ragnar signing off
      PS I'll keep a spot by the fire for you

      atruemark@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 8/6/02 12:16:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ragnar@...
      > writes:
      >
      > > Just wondering what kind of release your using Thumb ring or three finger I
      > > think
      > > with a thumb ring the rotation will be to the right and not bother the
      > > arrow Don't
      > > know I just guessing
      > > Ragnar
      > >

      > Good guess. What I described in the previous post related to using a
      > standard one-over-two-under, arrow-on-left-of-bow style. When I shoot the
      > same bow using the traditional asiatic method, I grip the bow more
      > "normally." My problem is, I can't figure out how to aim using the asiatic
      > style.
      >
      > Andras

    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?