Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 6, 2002
      O.K., I will give that a try. It does go against basic form. But if it works, it
      works. :-)

      Jon

      atruemark@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 8/4/02 11:10:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      > sirjon1@... writes:
      >
      > > What type of grip position do you suggest? And how tightly do you hold it?
      > >
      > > Jon
      > >

      > In order (for me) to get the Hun to shoot consistently, I have to "violate"
      > all good, common sense hand grip knowledge I've ever learned. I actually
      > shoot it with a flat back-of-the-hand/wrist. In other words, I palm the
      > handle, like you would with a longbow, then rotate my hand to the left, until
      > the back of the handle is pushing against my thumb and the back of my hand
      > and wrist line up in a flat plane. It feels very weird and does cause more
      > tiredness than normal, but it keeps the little sucker from rotating on
      > release. I also actually grip the thing, with medium pressure, down about 1"
      > below the black thread wrap on the top of the handle area. Again, it goes
      > against my better "training" to do this, but it helps the bow shoot more
      > consistently. Hope this helps.
      >
      > YIS,
      >
      > Andras
    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?