Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • atruemark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 5, 2002
      In a message dated 8/4/02 11:10:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      sirjon1@... writes:

      > What type of grip position do you suggest? And how tightly do you hold it?
      >
      > Jon

      In order (for me) to get the Hun to shoot consistently, I have to "violate"
      all good, common sense hand grip knowledge I've ever learned. I actually
      shoot it with a flat back-of-the-hand/wrist. In other words, I palm the
      handle, like you would with a longbow, then rotate my hand to the left, until
      the back of the handle is pushing against my thumb and the back of my hand
      and wrist line up in a flat plane. It feels very weird and does cause more
      tiredness than normal, but it keeps the little sucker from rotating on
      release. I also actually grip the thing, with medium pressure, down about 1"
      below the black thread wrap on the top of the handle area. Again, it goes
      against my better "training" to do this, but it helps the bow shoot more
      consistently. Hope this helps.

      YIS,

      Andras

    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?