Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • Jaime Tiampo
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 5, 2002
      John Edgerton wrote:

      > What type of grip position do you suggest? And how tightly do you hold it?

      I hold it loosely in the crux between my fore finger and my thumb. I
      gently rest the rest of my finger tops against the front of the handle.
      The bottom of my hand is in contact with the top of the serving on the
      bow that joins the limb to the handle. For release I allow my string
      hand to pull back as a follow through.

      --
      Ts'ai T'ien-p'u
    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?