Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow Tuning

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 4, 2002
      atruemark@... wrote:

      > Ok, ok, you guys. Sheesh, ask a couple questions....
      >
      > I have a Hun as well, and it's taken me quite awhile to get it to shoot
      > consistently and decently. Here's what I've found;
      >
      > Nock point high, like you've described. Arrow spined 10lbs over at drawlength
      > (30"). The more draw, the better the bow shoots. Be wery, wery careful
      > about torquing the bow - weird little flat handle and a "conventional" hand
      > hold doesn't get it. Try to be as absolutely still as possible in all
      > aspects of the release and follow through.

      What type of grip position do you suggest? And how tightly do you hold it?

      Jon

      > Doing all that mean I just manage to get the bow to shoot into the 100's in
      > the RR.
      >
      > The problem you describe sounds like a combination of nock set adjustment
      > and, maybe, uneven finger pressure on the release.
      >
      > Hope that helps,
      >
      > Andras Truemark, OGGS
      > Aquaterra, AnTir

    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?