Bow Tuning

  • Mark Hendershott
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 30, 2002
      These questions are for the bow tuning experts among us. I shoot a
      horsebow, 43 lb. Two questions:

      1. My arrows (40-45 lb spline) porpoise a bit but not always. Is this a
      bow problem or a shooter problem?

      2. I think I remember it said on this forum that raising the nock point
      will cause the arrow to clear the bow hand and avoid feather cuts on the
      hand. If true, how much to raise it?

      Simon Sinneghe
      Briaroak, Summits, An Tir
    • John Edgerton
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 19, 2002
        I did not save the post, but did someone say something a while back about having
        better luck using longer arrows with the Hun bow? If this was correct, did it
        refer to using a longer draw and longer arrows or just longer arrows?