event announcement

  • Hal B. Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27 9:54 PM
      Good Gentles:
      August 11 an 12 will be the dates for the first Caballeros de Capitan
      event. In addition to the usual heavy and light tourneys and the target
      archery, there will be a tourney especially for COMBAT ARCHERS. In this
      scenario, no hand weapons will be allowed.
      only Archer vs Archer (or other projectile weapons) This is your
      opportunity to see how you would have stood at Crecy or Agincourt and
      how good you are at scout/sniper work.

      For further information, see the OH or contact me (autocrat) at
      hlclark@...

      The Forest is open. Campfires may be lit.
      See you
      Baron Ben
    • Jennifer Hill
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27 9:55 PM
        Where is this event, my lord? Gwen
        > August 11 an 12 will be the dates for the first Caballeros de Capitan
        > event. In addition to the usual heavy and light tourneys and the target
        > archery, there will be a tourney especially for COMBAT ARCHERS. In this
        > scenario, no hand weapons will be allowed.
        > only Archer vs Archer (or other projectile weapons) This is your
        > opportunity to see how you would have stood at Crecy or Agincourt and
        > how good you are at scout/sniper work.
        >
        > For further information, see the OH or contact me (autocrat) at
        > hlclark@...
        >
        > The Forest is open. Campfires may be lit.
        > See you
        > Baron Ben

      • Talmon Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28 6:05 AM
          It would be nice to know where this is going to be held Parker

          >From: "Jennifer Hill" <welshladygwen@...>
          >To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] event announcement
          >Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:55:55 -0700
          >
          >Where is this event, my lord? Gwen

          DER BARON

        • James J. Foster
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28 7:21 AM
            From the Net: (discrepancy in dates. Baron?)

            Caballeros De Capitan
            Shire of Gleann Medonach
            August 10-11, A.S. XXXVII (2002)
            Baca Camp Site, Lincoln National Forest, NM
            Site opens 12:00 PM 8/2
            A site fee of $10.00 will be charged. Children under 12 free. $25.00
            family cap.
            Site is wet
            Autocrat Baron Caomh Beathan Crubach, (Ben dark) 410 E. Fourth St.,
            Roswell, NM, 88201. 505, 623-4531, hlclark@...
            Directions. US 380 runs East from 1-25 through the towns ofCapitan and
            Lincoln, NM 8.8 Miles east ofCapitan and 4.0 miles west of Lincoln,
            between mile markers 93 and 94, turn onto National Forest Route 57
            (graveled) proceed 5.4 miles or 6 cattle guards. Baca Camp Site is on
            the left. Signs will be posted on US 380 and Rte 57.

            In the 16th Century, the Spanish explorers named many sites in the
            Outlands. One of these is the Capitan Mountains. Come and help us
            celebrate the coming of these early caballeros (knights) with tourneys
            and fan for all. Heavy Weapons tourneys of both the squared circle and
            melee will get your blood running. Light weapons will have many acres to
            celebrate their duels. Archers will vie for the right to kiss their love
            under the mistletoe.

            COMBAT ARCHERS will have their own tourney of Archer vs Archer in
            scouting and in Agincourt style combat. Combat Archers must meet minimum
            armor requirements for heavy combat and fencing rules will apply in
            judging hits. Also, Combat Archers may present experimental weapons and
            arrows which, if deemed safe and accepted by marshals, chiurgeons, and
            fellow archers, may be used on the field.

            The only structures on site are the necessaries. No showers. During
            normal weather, a spring brings water to the site but this is dry during
            droughts. Bring water, fire extinguishers and shovels. Fire restrictions
            posted for the Lincoln National Forest will be strictly enforced. Roads
            to and from the site are all-weather surfaced. The site is shaded and
            has many acres of land for activities.
            A Saturday night bardic will entertain all.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28 11:23 AM
              Talmon Parker wrote:

              > It would be nice to know where this is going to be held Parker
              >
              > >From: "Jennifer Hill" <welshladygwen@...>
              > >To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
              > >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] event announcement
              > >Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:55:55 -0700
              > >
              > >Where is this event, my lord? Gwen

              Sorry good gentles. The Capitan Mountains are in Southeastern New Mexico.
              About 125 miles north of El Paso, 80 miles Southeast of Albuquerque and 60 miles
              West of Roswell New Mexico (Gleann Medonach)

              On the map, find US 380 which runs east from I-25 through Carizozo to Capitan NM

              US 380 runs west from Roswell, New Mexico to Lincoln NM. About halfway between
              Capitan and Lincoln (signs will be posted) our guests will turn North into the
              Lincoln National Forest on an all weather gravel road (trail 57) and proceedto
              Baca campsite which is 5.4 miles off the highway or seven cattlegaurds.

              You will be most welcome.

              For those of you without the OH handy, I would also state that ,due to drought,
              there may or may not be spring fed water on site. Bring plenty. The site is
              H20 dry but is wet.

              Walk Tall
              Baron Ben

              > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart
              > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

              > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > >Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

              > DER BARON

            • fortunata_trb
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 30 6:35 PM
                Oh I would love to go to an Outland event again, but a last now being
                in Calontir it is a bit far for this year, and riding close to Valor
                Tourney.

                Fortunata (Born in the Outlands in 1988)