RE: [SCA-Archery] Question

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 23 12:25 PM
      A take down bow is generally one more suited for travel than a one piece
      bow. Take downs can take a number of diffferent shapes. Possibly the most
      common is a riser that has the two limbs bolted to it. The limbs are taken
      off the riser for a smaller, 3 piece package. This type can also offer the
      advantage of purchasing different weight limbs for either a heavier or
      lighter pull weight without having to buy a complete second bow. Another
      type of take down is where a sleeve is built into the center of a longbow
      that enables the bow to come apart into two pieces. Again, easier to travel
      with two short pieces than one long one.

      This page at 3Rivers Archery has a couple of take downs shown
      http://www.bowsite2.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=15&User_ID=311458&st=4705&st2=
      -83443732&st3=54895397&CATID=61&ObjectGroup_ID=225

      This link has a picture of the sleeve type
      http://www.bowsite2.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=15&Product_ID=3392&CATID=74
      This is under the Bow Building Supplies section.

      If the link doesn't work just go to http://www.3riversarchery.com/ and enter
      the Shop Now section. From there go to Bows and you'll find a few different
      take downs in various makes and models.

      Hope that helps, Taillear