Re: Twin crossbows?DaVinci ref

  • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 1999
      can't use Davinci's notebooks as a reference - there were a lot of odd
      things in there including helicopters, man-wings and parachutes
    • Tim Miskell
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        Da vinci wa a visionary. Why discount one Idea of his because some were so
        far ahead of their time??
      • jotl@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
          At 6:41 PM 11/1/99 -0800, Tim Miskell wrote:
          >From: "Tim Miskell" <tmiskell@...>
          >
          >Da vinci wa a visionary. Why discount one Idea of his because some were so
          >far ahead of their time??

          The main reason, IMO, is that they were not available to the general
          populace in period. The concepts were not published, but remained in his
          notebooks.

          At least this is the reason for a return of a Da Vinci bicycle as a
          heraldic charge a few years ago.

          Also, many of those ideas were not reduced to practice.

          James
          jotl@...
        • JimHart ConalO'hAirt
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
            what if your interests lean towards period
            engineering and your personna claims to be a
            comtemporary and friend of Di Vinci?

          • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
              folks, you are taking the DaVinci notebooks as factual , in use artifacts
              - they weren't! they were IDEAS ONLY. in his time EVERYBODY knew for certain
              there were wizards and sorcerors - so that means in the SCA we can have them
              too?