Pennsic Popijay-ish

  • SMuth22664@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 3:37 PM
      What did we ever decide on on Pennsic Popinjay shoot. Is anybody bringing
      flu-flu blunts? I'm thinking about setting up some tethered helium baloons
      when I get there. Has anyone ever tried anything like that?

      Ottokar
    • Obsidian
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 4:12 PM
        SMuth22664@... wrote:

        > From: SMuth22664@...
        >
        > What did we ever decide on on Pennsic Popinjay shoot. Is anybody bringing
        > flu-flu blunts? I'm thinking about setting up some tethered helium baloons
        > when I get there. Has anyone ever tried anything like that?
        >
        > Ottokar

        Greetings
        I don't think anything was decided regarding popinjays at Pennsic,
        though I'd certainly like to see something like that. Haven't heard of
        any specific plans to bring flu-flus. Tethered helium balloons? I've
        never seen a shoot like that; it seems like they'd be almost impossible
        to pop unless they were affixed to something rigid. Have you done
        balloons attached to nothing more than a tether before?

        Forester Nigel FitzMaurice
        --

        Ex Tenebra, Lux

      • Alberic
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 8:36 PM
          Obsidian wrote:
          <snip>
          > Greetings
          > I don't think anything was decided regarding popinjays at Pennsic,
          > though I'd certainly like to see something like that. Haven't heard of
          > any specific plans to bring flu-flus. Tethered helium balloons? I've
          > never seen a shoot like that; it seems like they'd be almost impossible
          > to pop unless they were affixed to something rigid. Have you done
          > balloons attached to nothing more than a tether before?
          >
          > Forester Nigel FitzMaurice

          Sounds like lots of fun, and so what if they're hard to break? Keeps
          the fun going longer. My only real regret is that I'll be there, but
          all my crossbows will be in Caid. ARGH! (If you think I'm *checking*
          any of my bows as baggage...) Humm...maybe if I knock one down and ship
          it *today*.... hummm....

          In a side comment, somebody mentioned comments of merit for archery
          types. I'd definitely like to second the reccomendation for
          reccognition of all the people who spend time thinking up and
          fabricating wild and wacky targets for the rest of us to shred. I'd
          much rather try a novelty shoot than plonk away at a roundel any day.

          Cheers-
          Alberic
        • D Humberson
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4 6:27 AM
            Alberic:

            If you can stand shooting a mere 100# prod, you're welcome to share my gear
            at the war.

            Ragnar Ketilsson,
            BMDL, Aethelmearc