Toughest archery competition in the Known World

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 10 3:44 PM
      At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery competition in
      the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here is the
      score's:
      Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
      THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22

      THL Neko Me
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 11 7:44 AM
        Not too bad! How did you feel after the shoot?

        Klaus

        --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "Keith" <dragonone@e...> wrote:
        > At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery
        competition in
        > the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here
        is the
        > score's:
        > Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
        > THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22
        >
        > THL Neko Me
        Known World

        > > > 2) 30 m = 125' 6" (for my American cousins :-)
        > >
        > > Um, no it doesn't.
        > >
        > > 1 meter = 39.37 inches, or just a tad over a yard
        > > 30 meters comes to 32.81 yards, or 98.43 feet...or in more whole
        terms,
        > > 98'5"
        > >
        > > And the fat wand comes to 19.69" wide x 39.37" tall.
        > >
        > > I am definitely going to try this little endurance shoot. I
        thank James
        > > for the confidence boost, but I seriously doubt I could maintain
        a pace of
        > > 1500 bolts. Even I get tired.
        > >
        > > -Caedmon

        > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 11 8:03 AM
          Like my fingers and arms were going to fall off. HAHAH
          Neko Me
          > Not too bad! How did you feel after the shoot?
          >
          > Klaus
          >
          > --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "Keith" <dragonone@e...> wrote:
          > > At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery
          > competition in
          > > the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here
          > is the
          > > score's:
          > > Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
          > > THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22
          > >
          > > THL Neko Me

        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 12 5:32 PM
            Congrasts to both of you!!

            James Cunningham

            > > > At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery
            > > competition in
            > > > the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here
            > > is the
            > > > score's:
            > > > Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
            > > > THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22
            > > >
            > > > THL Neko Me
          • Carl West
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 12 10:04 PM
              Keith wrote:

              > At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery competition in
              > the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here is the
              > score's:
              > Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
              > THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22

              No small achievement. Congratulations.
              I do want to try this. How long did it actually take to do the shoot?
              Did you have help retrieving?

              I spent a while being confused by the numbers after the hits until I figured that you'd marked the time it took to shoot 600 arrows instead of shooting for 60 minutes.

              - Fritz

              --
              Carl West eisen@... http://eisen.home.attbi.com

              I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
              of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

              - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1
            • Keith
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 14 6:23 PM
                > > At Swine & Roses on July 6, we shot the "toughest archery competition
                in
                > > the Known World!" Master Grant and myself shot 600 arrows. Here is the
                > > score's:
                > > Master Grant - 574 Hits, in 52:29
                > > THL Neko Me 591 Hits in 51:22
                >
                > No small achievement. Congratulations.
                > I do want to try this. How long did it actually take to do the shoot?
                From 8:30 am to 4:00
                > Did you have help retrieving?
                No, we did not.