AoA's was: Re: [SCA-Archery] Why six arrows?

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 7:39 AM
      At 08:26 PM 7/1/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
      >Greetings
      > erm... He only now is getting an AoA after 25 years of service?!?
      > This is
      >one of those interkingdom anthropology moments, isn't it...
      >
      >Bemusedly;
      >Nigel (Midrealm)

      Well, I do know that there are some MAJOR differences in that between some
      Kingdoms.

      When I was in AEthelmearc (which was a principality at the time), there
      were people who had done loads of service, and been in the SCA for 5 years,
      and didn't have their AoA. Getting an AoA was a 'big thing'.

      Once I moved to Atlantia, things were, well, different. Here it seems that
      basically after joining the SCA for a year or so, and if you help out at
      the local level (help run events, cook at feasts, help at troll, help with
      event setup, hold a local office, etc.) ...

      That you will get your AoA. It's sorta a 'welcome to being a contributing
      member of the society' thing, instead of a: "Thanks for being such a good &
      stable contributing member of the society" thing.

      Siegfried

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal