Re: Making straw targets

  • abluehood
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Godwin fitzGilbert de Strigoil <Godwin@r...>
      wrote:

      > I would think a person well versed in basket weaving might be
      excellent to consult, as I think butts such as the Saunders mats are
      basically thick woven mats, but are
      > really expensive to buy.
      >
      > If there is such a person on this list, would wheat straw work?

      Do they still sell off the Saunders mats at the end of the Las Vegas
      Indoor Shoot? Many years ago I picked up one there at a bargain
      price, but I only got a couple of years of use out of it. My in-laws
      sort of destroyed it from lack of attention and by leaving it out in
      the weather.
      -Allan Bluehood-
    • danielle_of_normandy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2002
        > Do they still sell off the Saunders mats at the end of the Las
        Vegas
        > Indoor Shoot? Many years ago I picked up one there at a bargain
        > price, but I only got a couple of years of use out of it. My in-
        laws
        > sort of destroyed it from lack of attention and by leaving it out
        in
        > the weather.
        > -Allan Bluehood-

        When and where is the las vegas indoor shoot? I'm in vegas for about
        2 months, so with a bit of info I may be able to find out for you if
        you like.

        Danielle
      • Carolus Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2002
          Sometime in late February or early March, it's been many years since I
          last attended though I would like to get back in shape to go again.

          In service to the dream
          Carolus von Eulenhorst
          eulenhorst@...

          On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 07:25:47 -0000 "danielle_of_normandy"
          <danielle_of_normandy@...> writes:

          > > Do they still sell off the Saunders mats at the end of the Las
          > Vegas
          > > Indoor Shoot? Many years ago I picked up one there at a bargain
          > > price, but I only got a couple of years of use out of it. My in-
          > laws
          > > sort of destroyed it from lack of attention and by leaving it out
          >
          > in
          > > the weather.
          > > -Allan Bluehood-
          >
          > When and where is the las vegas indoor shoot? I'm in vegas for about
          >
          > 2 months, so with a bit of info I may be able to find out for you if
          >
          > you like.
          >
          > Danielle

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.