Queen's Champion Archery in Caid

  • gypsyproductions
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
      I've posted a few photos of the SCA event called QUEEN'S CHAMPION
      ARCHERY held at U.C.S.D. this Sunday. I will leave the photos up for
      a week. http://pages.prodigy.net/gypsydancer/photosoftheweek.htm
      For those of you who couldn't attend, Paganus won once again. The
      King said it was the largest turn-out he's ever seen at a local SCA
      event. Check out the photo of the 2nd flight and then double it if
      you want to visualize how many archers were shooting.
      Guy Taylor won the William Tell shoot by shooting an apple off a
      styrofoam head from 35 yards. Way to go.
      As for me, I got a nice red nose from too much sun. I don't think
      there was a blade of grass anywhere on the range. It's covered in
      bark chips.
      Thanks to the autocrats for a great event.
    • rashley731@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
        OH GUYS RUB IT IN WILL YA...

        And here I have been chained to my 'puter ALL WEEK LONG...after I made the
        decison (and it wasn't easy) to miss Queen's Champion I got a notice from the
        university that the deadline for my Master's Thesis has been extended till
        Friday (VERY BIG grumble...) no shooting in sight for this poor ol'
        Norsewoman...

        Congratualtions Alan Ladykiller, most worthy...

        In Service,
        Lady Ingilborg Sigmundardottir
      • abluehood
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          --- In SCA-Archery@y..., rashley731@a... wrote:
          > OH GUYS RUB IT IN WILL YA...
          >
          > And here I have been chained to my 'puter ALL WEEK LONG...after I
          made the
          > decison (and it wasn't easy) to miss Queen's Champion I got a
          notice from the
          > university that the deadline for my Master's Thesis has been
          extended till
          > Friday (VERY BIG grumble...) no shooting in sight for this poor ol'
          > Norsewoman...

          Sorry to hear of your predicament. I look forward to shooting with
          you in the future...

          > Congratualtions Alan Ladykiller, most worthy...
          >
          > In Service,
          > Lady Ingilborg Sigmundardottir

          Aarrgh! I see that blasted nickname is going to follow me around
          for a long while. One of these days I'll have to explain it...
          -Allan Bluehood-