Re: [SCA-Archery] Crossbow Trigger Mechanism

  • Ardal Of Antioch
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2002

      >Hey there, a few quick notes, one to speak of is that this lock mechanism
      >is known to be a 17th century one, which was during the time many more
      >complex locks started appearing in Europe as well.
      >
      >Beyond that, it's essentially a rolling nut design, just with a few changes
      >to give it a 'modern trigger', and make it self-resetting.
      >
      >Siegfried

      Just to clarify, the page does say it's from a "17th Century book" not
      that the design is 17th Century. It does look like an interesting locking
      mechcanism. I was given a "crossbow kit" that was sold at Pennsic a few
      years ago, but the kit I have didn't have the instructions on how to put it
      together with it, so I'm thinking I amy try to make something like this one
      for it.

      Ardal

      "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
      limits."
      -- Albert Einstein