Re: [SCA-Archery] Port orford cedar lumber

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2002
      John Edgerton wrote:

      > Does anyone know of a source in Oregon for Port Orford cedar
      > lumber/boards? ... from which I can make some shafts.

      If you're going so far as to make your own shafts, you might as well go the rest of the way and use one of the woods used in period. Maple and ash spring to mind as reasonably available.

      - Fritz

      --
      Carl West eisen@... http://eisen.home.attbi.com

      I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
      of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

      - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1