Brainstorming

  • Dan Amon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
      My Shire is looking to upgrade some of our equipment.
      We are looking for creative archery related
      fundraising ideas.

      Dan Amon

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • cwilson@mhmh.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002
        Fund-raising ideas? How about throwing a cook-out/mini-event? Do any of
        your members have a very large yard? Maybe a local farmer has a field he's
        not using? Advertise the event as being a fund-raiser for new shire
        equipment and such and it usually brings out the generosity in people more
        than a set site fee.

        -Caedmon
      • Sheri Rees
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002
          At some of our demos we've let kids shoot combat arrows at heavy armoured
          fighters. 3 arrows for $1. We usually raise lots of money. Or, last
          year at a smaller demo I let kids shoot at a wooden IKCAC target with
          combat arrows, raised $80 in about 5 hours and I was competing with ball
          toss for money and heavy and rapier demos for attention. We often get the
          ladies or non-fighters coming over to try.Shadhra