Estrella War

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 17, 1999
      Greetings to the Archers of the List.

      Lord Leif the Wander the Kingdom Royal Archer sends his greetings.

      Lord Leif ask me Lord Ian Griffen the Archer to pass on the following
      message.
      Lord Leif isn't on this list

      To All Archers
      There will be camping space made available on the Archery range this year.
      Lord Leif asks that any archer who wants to camp in this area to please
      contact him at housekintyre@... . He is making this request for
      this is so the archers will have camping space.

      He also asked me to remind everybody that if they are pre-regesterd and they
      are willing to help setup the Archery Range on the Wensday of the War. They
      will be able to be on site early. From what he was telling me we will be
      needing lots of help. Your volenteer hours will go to your Kingdom/Barony.
      If you want to help with the setup please contact Lord Leif.

      In Service to the Dream and Archery
      Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
      Captian of Archers Barony of Atenveldt
    • John Rockwell
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 5, 1999
        Greetings to the Archers of the List.

        I have been asked by the autocrat of the Water Truck to, put forth a plea
        for anyone who will be attending Estrella war That has a Chauffers Licence
        to drive the truck. He is Trying to get as many drives as possiable. He is
        hoping he will be able to have enough drivers for 1 shift per-day or every
        other day..

        Since those of us who attended Estrella War knows the site is dusty and
        needs to kept watered.

        If you know any one who will be willing to volenteer some time driving the
        truck have them e-mail me I will pass the message on. phxrock@...

        I realize the above is not Archery stuff but the lack of water on the roads
        can effect the archers as well as everyone else

        YIS
        Ian Griffen
      • edenblacksmith@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1, 2000
          Please respond to jacquelin@...
          Estrella War Collegium Autocrat
          Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
          Julie Bergdorf
          2354 McVicar
          Kingman, Arizona 86401
          email: jacquelin@...

          Greetings to all teachers within the Known World, do I Madame
          Jacquelin de
          Normandie (Julie Bergdorf), Collegium Autocrat for Estrella War XVII
          send thee
          greetings:

          I am seeking individuals to teach at Estrella War XVII Arts and
          Science
          Collegium. We will be having a Children''s Collegium, a Dance
          Collegium and
          the regularly scheduled Collegium this year. The Children''s
          Collegian''s
          point of contact is Lady Eden Blacksmith, the Dance Collegium point
          of Contact
          is Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair and all
          other
          classes I am the point of contact. (Information provided below)

          Classes will be held Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between
          the hours
          of 9:00 am and 5:00 PM. (Times might vary depending upon other
          activities
          scheduled in the Arts and Science Tent). Those individuals who are
          interested
          please send the following information to the appropriate point of
          contact.

          1) Mundane and SCA name/titles, and contact information

          2) Name and description of your class(es)

          3) At least two times/dates in which to teach your classes(es)
          4) Any fees for your class(es) (Please keep your fee to $5.00 or less)

          5) Number of students per class if necessary (Please no one on one
          classes)

          6) Location change if necessary (in a groups encampment, met at the
          front gate
          as examples)

          7) Any additional restrictions

          8) Any supplies (such as water, extension cords, extra tables for
          demonstration) needed for class.

          9) A brief description of your persona''s history

          10) Any other information that might be useful.

          Contact Information for Collegium Autocrats

          Children''s Collegium

          Lady Eden Blacksmtih
          Sonja Boroughf
          1730 Gates
          Kingman Arizona 86401
          520-753-8064
          email: edenblacksmith@...
          Dance Collegium

          Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair
          Michael McCliment
          2306 E. Monona Dr.
          Phoenix Arizona 85024-4436
          602-569-7096
          email: mach3@...

          All other classes

          Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
          Julie Bergdorf
          2354 McVicar
          Kingman, Arizona 86401
          520-753-8064
          email: jacquelin@...

          In service to the dream, I remain

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
              How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.

              Ian Griffen

            • muck
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, John Rockwell wrote:

                > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                >
                > Ian Griffen

                I plan on entering into the archery scenarios (and even foolishly trying
                to qualify for the Known World Champion competition ;)

                Hope to see many of you there,

                Phillip the Skeptic
              • archer3@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                  I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
                  target range and how much time on the field is the question......

                  Damian >>~~~>
                • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                    At 7:00 PM 8/14/02 -0700, John Rockwell wrote:
                    >How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary.
                    >To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At
                    >Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the
                    >Known World.
                    >
                    >Ian Griffen

                    My Mistress and I will be there (but then we are there every year, even one
                    in which our castle is no longer welcome on the grass),

                    James
                    jotl@...
                  • Forrester
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                      Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
                      Outlands will be there.

                      Forrester

                      > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                      Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                      senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
                      from across the Known World.

                      > Ian Griffen

                    • Guy Taylor
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                        Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?

                        Taillear

                      • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                          At 8:47 PM 8/14/02 -0700, Guy Taylor wrote:
                          >Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?
                          >
                          >Taillear

                          Yep. A Baron Bows Briton. I like it; still trying to shoot it as well as
                          the old ELB, though.

                          I'll probably look into getting one from Steve Ralphs, too. Some time when
                          he is taking orders again.

                          James
                          jotl@...
                        • John Rockwell
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                            Phillip
                            Since we both live in Twin Moons, we may meet some Thursday evening.
                            Ian

                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                              Damian
                              Good to Know that you are coming.
                              Ian

                              archer3@... wrote:I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
                              target range and how much time on the field is the question......

                              Damian >>~~~>

                            • John Edgerton
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                                I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                                Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                                John Rockwell wrote:

                                > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                                >
                                > Ian Griffen
                              • John Rockwell
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                                  Hey Forrester
                                  Glad to hear that you are coming again. I hope you bring several of your friends.
                                  Ian
                                  Forrester wrote:Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
                                  Outlands will be there.

                                  Forrester

                                  > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                                  Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                                  senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
                                  from across the Known World.

                                  > Ian Griffen

                                • John Rockwell
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                                    Sir Jon
                                    I'm glad to hear you are coming. Please find me on the range I have been trying to meet you since you were the Society Archery Marshal. If I'm not on the range I will be camping in the Archery camping area.
                                    Ian Griffen
                                    John Edgerton wrote:I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                                    Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                                    John Rockwell wrote:

                                    > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                                    >
                                    > Ian Griffen

                                  • Godwin fitzGilbert de Strigoil
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                      I'll be there Ian.

                                      Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                                      Godwin
                                    • James Brummet
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                        A while back someone mentioned that a english combany would be making a working replic of Leglis' bow from the LOTR. I do not believe a link was given but if anyone wants it I have it.

                                        >>> Godwin@... 08/15/02 07:16AM >>>
                                        I'll be there Ian.

                                        Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                                        Godwin

                                      • ssmiley01
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                          I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not depends...getting
                                          started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)

                                          I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers a
                                          few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you in
                                          the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)

                                          Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                          Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                          --- In SCA-Archery@y..., John Rockwell <ian_griffen_archer@y...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                                          Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                                          senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet
                                          Archers from across the Known World.
                                        • Tessa the Huntress
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 18, 2002
                                            Ian,

                                            I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                            and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                            arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                            babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                            will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.

                                            Tessa the Huntress

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 18, 2002
                                              Tessa the Huntress wrote:

                                              > Ian,
                                              >
                                              > I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                              > and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                              > arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                              > babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                              > will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.
                                              >
                                              > Tessa the Huntress

                                              Excellent. I will look forward to seeing you there.

                                              Jon
                                            • ssmiley01
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 19, 2002
                                                Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                                message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                                moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)

                                                Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                                btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                                Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                                --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@y...> wrote:
                                                > I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not
                                                depends...getting
                                                > started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)
                                                >
                                                > I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers
                                                > few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you
                                                in
                                                > the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)
                                                >
                                                > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                                > Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                              • Carolus Eulenhorst
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Aug 19, 2002
                                                  Yes, There is archery at Highland War. Bunches on Saturday and an open
                                                  range on Sunday if Marshals are available. Come on out. For those of
                                                  you not aware of this event it is at Mojave Narrows Regional Park in
                                                  Victorville, CA over Labor Day Weekend.

                                                  In service to the dream
                                                  Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                                  eulenhorst@...

                                                  On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:45:16 -0000 "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@...>
                                                  writes:
                                                  > Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                                  > message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                                  > moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)
                                                  >
                                                  > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                                  > btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                                  > Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                                  GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                                                  http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.