Re: [SCA-Archery] I would like to see more distractions.

  • jspinks@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2002
      Well- several of the friends I shoot with in SCA and I are always ragging each other back and forth about our scores or shooting or good shots we make or our bows or something- then we compare notes and try to improve. Although we only shoot SCA we have noticed that our scores have steadily improved as we compete against each other and "ragging" rights. It is all in good fun and that is how we intend and take it. Those archers not participating in the ragging are just amused at us and are usually working hard to outshoot us just in the spirit of competition. The net effect is to increase the camaraderie in the group that shoots regularly and we have a lot of fun with it.

      On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:43:00 -0000 hanhebin <hamberg@...> wrote:

      Personally I would like to see more cheers, chants and cat calls on
      the line in competition. A playful cat call causing an arrow to miss
      the target can be just as fun as a shot hitting the center 'X'.
      Archery is a BORING specator sport and ranks right up there with
      bowling. Anything that spices up the competition is OK with me as
      long as it is done playfully and with "good intenetioned" taste.

      Michael

      PS> From a competitive Olympic recurve FITA shooter that
      ABSOLUTELY "HATES" silence. In league this year I had to shoot
      the "B" line when I was the ONLY shooter. Everyone here already
      knows the big name archers I get the regular opportunity to shoot
      with so being all by your lonesome on the line in complete silence
      can be absolutely "TERRIFYING."