Re: [SCA-Archery] RE: Distraction on the line

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Greetings,
      Now if you want REAL distraction, I have a story to tell. Several
      years ago when I was struggling to break that 100 score on the RR's, I
      was at one of our K&Q Competitions in Conn. and it was over 100 degrees.
      I started shooting my royal round and a very nice lady marshal (VERY
      attractive) was kind enough to call the round. I was having a GREAT
      round, 27 at 40 yds, 27 at 30 yards, 29 at 20 yds, and it was a cinch
      for the speed round right?I mean I always shot well on the speed round.
      Well....the very attractve marshall was too hot for the leather jerkin
      she was wearing and another very attractive lady marshall came over to
      her
      and suggested that she take it off and just tie a scarf over herself,
      She then called 5,4,3,2.1.shoot and then said "I can't undress right
      here, Geoffrei will see me!"
      the other lady said: "Nah, he's busy concerntrating on his shooting ."
      suddenly I turned my head and, OH YEAH! I did manage to shoot AN arrow
      before I heard 5'4'3'2'1'HOLD. Bows down. I got a score of 4 on the
      speed round for a grand total of 87 on the Royal Round. It wasn't until
      a few months after that that I finally broke that damned 100 mark.
      Blasted testoserone!
      ( Names of the ladies withheld out of courtesy.They didn't do
      anything wrong.They can't help it if I was dstracted.)
      Oh yeah, now that was a distraction on the line. :-)
      -Geoffrei