Re: [SCA-Archery] RE: Distraction on the line

  • L Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      You want to try REAL distraction :) Put the Archery
      Range at the end of the Runway like they did my last
      base in Germany. Ever Hear an F4 taking off on burner
      seemingly in your back pocket :)
      Fearghus

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        Greetings,
        Now if you want REAL distraction, I have a story to tell. Several
        years ago when I was struggling to break that 100 score on the RR's, I
        was at one of our K&Q Competitions in Conn. and it was over 100 degrees.
        I started shooting my royal round and a very nice lady marshal (VERY
        attractive) was kind enough to call the round. I was having a GREAT
        round, 27 at 40 yds, 27 at 30 yards, 29 at 20 yds, and it was a cinch
        for the speed round right?I mean I always shot well on the speed round.
        Well....the very attractve marshall was too hot for the leather jerkin
        she was wearing and another very attractive lady marshall came over to
        her
        and suggested that she take it off and just tie a scarf over herself,
        She then called 5,4,3,2.1.shoot and then said "I can't undress right
        here, Geoffrei will see me!"
        the other lady said: "Nah, he's busy concerntrating on his shooting ."
        suddenly I turned my head and, OH YEAH! I did manage to shoot AN arrow
        before I heard 5'4'3'2'1'HOLD. Bows down. I got a score of 4 on the
        speed round for a grand total of 87 on the Royal Round. It wasn't until
        a few months after that that I finally broke that damned 100 mark.
        Blasted testoserone!
        ( Names of the ladies withheld out of courtesy.They didn't do
        anything wrong.They can't help it if I was dstracted.)
        Oh yeah, now that was a distraction on the line. :-)
        -Geoffrei