RE: Distraction on the line

  • John J Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Greetings

      For real experience in concentrating through distractions try joining a
      tavern darts league, two or three televisions with different games
      playing plus a juke box, and a dozen or so conversations being carried on
      over that. It was fun and if you could concentrate through that you
      could concentrate through anything. Of course at the organized, formal
      dart tournaments you could sometimes hear a pin drop.

      Yis
      Ragnar
      Rusted Woodlands
      East
    • L Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        You want to try REAL distraction :) Put the Archery
        Range at the end of the Runway like they did my last
        base in Germany. Ever Hear an F4 taking off on burner
        seemingly in your back pocket :)
        Fearghus

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
          Greetings,
          Now if you want REAL distraction, I have a story to tell. Several
          years ago when I was struggling to break that 100 score on the RR's, I
          was at one of our K&Q Competitions in Conn. and it was over 100 degrees.
          I started shooting my royal round and a very nice lady marshal (VERY
          attractive) was kind enough to call the round. I was having a GREAT
          round, 27 at 40 yds, 27 at 30 yards, 29 at 20 yds, and it was a cinch
          for the speed round right?I mean I always shot well on the speed round.
          Well....the very attractve marshall was too hot for the leather jerkin
          she was wearing and another very attractive lady marshall came over to
          her
          and suggested that she take it off and just tie a scarf over herself,
          She then called 5,4,3,2.1.shoot and then said "I can't undress right
          here, Geoffrei will see me!"
          the other lady said: "Nah, he's busy concerntrating on his shooting ."
          suddenly I turned my head and, OH YEAH! I did manage to shoot AN arrow
          before I heard 5'4'3'2'1'HOLD. Bows down. I got a score of 4 on the
          speed round for a grand total of 87 on the Royal Round. It wasn't until
          a few months after that that I finally broke that damned 100 mark.
          Blasted testoserone!
          ( Names of the ladies withheld out of courtesy.They didn't do
          anything wrong.They can't help it if I was dstracted.)
          Oh yeah, now that was a distraction on the line. :-)
          -Geoffrei