Re: Distraction at the line

  • abluehood
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2002
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., John Edgerton <sirjon1@p...> wrote:

      > When I started shooting .. mumble.. mumble... years ago. My 40 yard
      range was
      > in my back yard and my children's' swing set was just behind the
      shooting line.
      > I learned to shoot with them and their friends playing and
      screaming behind me.
      > I do not distract easily on the shooting line anymore. :-)
      >
      > Jon

      When I was shooting in college, the marching band had their
      practice on the next field behind the shooting line. We had to learn
      an extreme amount of focus to shoot with a loud distraction like
      that. This also explains why I have the urge to strangle anyone who
      hums "Copacabana" while I'm shooting. The marching band played that
      over and over and over...
      -Allan Bluehood-