Re: [SCA-Archery] Distraction at the line

  • Scott L Hecathorn
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2002
      > It also helps to have had a teacher who make it a point to distract
      > you...like blowing in your ear. *chuckle* The last thing you need
      > while
      > shooting is a man standing at 6'2", graying, and blowing in your
      > ear. If
      > you can still shoot well after that, you know you are ready for
      > archery.

      How about someone pulling armpit hair at a full draw, and still being
      able to hit the 40 yarder? Not the best training in the world, but it
      helped......well, no it didn't but he leaves me alone for the most part
      now :)

      Robert

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • belisarius2ca
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2002
        --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Scott L Hecathorn <robert1015@j...> wrote:
        > > It also helps to have had a teacher who make it a point to
        distract
        > > you...like blowing in your ear. *chuckle* The last thing you
        need
        > > while
        > > shooting is a man standing at 6'2", graying, and blowing in your
        > > ear. If
        > > you can still shoot well after that, you know you are ready for
        > > archery.
        > >

        > How about someone pulling armpit hair at a full draw, and still
        being
        > able to hit the 40 yarder? Not the best training in the world, but
        it
        > helped......well, no it didn't but he leaves me alone for the most
        part
        > now :)

        In my humble opinion that is some one who is being a idiot and seeing
        what they can get away with. That is not some one teaching on how to
        concentrate and shoot better but a simple pain in the "comment
        deleated." If some one did that to me instructor, friend or other
        wise they would be lucky to get away with only a punch in the head.
        Just my humble opinion.

        Belisarius

        > Robert

        > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • abluehood
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2002
          --- In SCA-Archery@y..., John Edgerton <sirjon1@p...> wrote:

          > When I started shooting .. mumble.. mumble... years ago. My 40 yard
          range was
          > in my back yard and my children's' swing set was just behind the
          shooting line.
          > I learned to shoot with them and their friends playing and
          screaming behind me.
          > I do not distract easily on the shooting line anymore. :-)
          >
          > Jon

          When I was shooting in college, the marching band had their
          practice on the next field behind the shooting line. We had to learn
          an extreme amount of focus to shoot with a loud distraction like
          that. This also explains why I have the urge to strangle anyone who
          hums "Copacabana" while I'm shooting. The marching band played that
          over and over and over...
          -Allan Bluehood-