Re: [SCA-Archery] Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • C. M Conley
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      Some laws consider the crossbow a banned weapon because it has a trigger.
      That is where I've seen a lot of the problem.

      Also, here in Colorado there is a person sueing under the ADA to be
      allowed to use a crossbow during bow season.

      Cecelia

    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen