Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      I believe the term really originated when the X7's were the top of the
      line and most of us were shooting 17xx or 19xx series and some of the
      guys went to 21xx or 23xx sizes with thinner walls to cut the line a
      little easier for that extra point or two. Now that we've got real
      "knitting needles" on the line with the carbons and the rules changes
      it's different. Just shows how long some of us have been shooting.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Wed, 01 May 2002 21:08:03 -0000 "hanhebin" <hamberg@...> writes:
      > > Those "cheater" shafts aren't going to help much with the new
      > > compound ruling of "inside out" scoring. The compound rule is
      > "if
      > > it touches the line, it scores the lower value". An attempt was
      > > made to make this FITA standard this year but was struck down.
      >
      > These really aren't "cheater" shafts as the maximum shaft size is
      > published and enforced. I shot the maximum size this year and these
      >
      > arrows are the same size as my wooden shafts. In fact I recommend
      > that new archers start out shooting these larger diameter shafts
      > indoors not because the size will inflate their scores but because
      > they are less expensive.
      >
      > Michael

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen