Re: Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1 2:08 PM
      > Those "cheater" shafts aren't going to help much with the new
      > compound ruling of "inside out" scoring. The compound rule is "if
      > it touches the line, it scores the lower value". An attempt was
      > made to make this FITA standard this year but was struck down.

      These really aren't "cheater" shafts as the maximum shaft size is
      published and enforced. I shot the maximum size this year and these
      arrows are the same size as my wooden shafts. In fact I recommend
      that new archers start out shooting these larger diameter shafts
      indoors not because the size will inflate their scores but because
      they are less expensive.

      Michael
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2 7:56 PM
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen