Re: Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      > No, crossbows do not do any more damage to a butt than a compound,
      > especially when the compunds are firing the large shafted Vegas
      > "cheater" shaft. I say that kiddingly...

      Most of the damage I've seen to target butts at the public range has
      been done by compound archers shooting broadheads or drawing more
      than 60 pounds (FITA Target maximum). I shot my crossbow our local
      range and found that the bolts coming from my 125# crossbow are often
      far easiler to pull than shooting from my 38# Olympic recurve.

      Michael

      PS> The new target requirements used this year at Vegas and Indoor
      Nationals have compounds shooting arrows that are no larger than our
      wooden shafts.
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen