Re: [SCA-Archery] Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      I don't shoot crossbow, so I don't know a lot about it... but at my
      favorite local clubs here in Massachusetts crossbows are welcome. The
      mundane archery organization I belong to has divisions for crossbow
      shooters and information on them.

      http://www.usarchery.org/naapub/crossbow/xbow.htm

      The list of officers is from all over this country. I did have problems
      finding any information on the legality of using this equipment for either
      target or hunting in this state. I assume it is legal for target or the
      club owners would know about it. The hunting laws say no "bows drawn by
      mechanical Means". I have been told that includes crossbows. I have been
      on the line at mundane shoots in Mass, Ohio and Michigan with crossbowman.

      That is all the info I have on it. I am sure there are others which know
      much more.

      Nest

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen