Re: [SCA-Archery] Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • Jack Bradley
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      Well Connecticut is kind of hazy at best
      You can hunt with a crossbow IF you have a special handicap hunting permit
      They fall into the Dangerous weapon classification up to three years in
      prison for caring
      According to the local police this is not enforced unless your doing
      something " stupid" with it I also checked with the state police same thing
      As we use the local police rifle range for practise we have been asked not to
      use them
      I under stand there may be some new legislation concerning dangerous weapons
      but have been unable to find it
      Ragnar two Ax

    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen