RE: [SCA-Archery] Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2002
      Actually, Lord Geoffrei, I think we're doing pretty good on the thread.
      There are obviously some thoughts but I haven't seen anything get heated at
      all.
      But just wait until the rest of the list wakes up in a few hours :-)

      You're right about the lobbying going on in the mundane halls. It's
      frequently debated on an archery forum I visit. On that forum, if you say
      anything at all in favor on crossbows you're pretty much assumed to be the
      lowest scum in the world and they aren't shy about telling you.
      Frankly, I don't shoot crossbows, but I don't have anything against them,
      either. They just aren't my interest. With all the vitriol opposing
      crossbows I'm actually somewhat in sympathy with them. I just don't see the
      world coming to an end if crossbows are allowed in the woods. Perhaps if
      there was a big push in California to change their hunting status I'd be of
      a different mind. Who knows?

      Taillear

    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen